Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Snow

                When we brought the pigs home it was sunny and mild.

 I know that we often have a cool spring. I remember walking into church with my sister on Easter Sunday wearing winter coats over our short-sleeved, ruffled, Easter dresses. Despite this memory I was still surprised by the fact that there was snow on the ground this morning.
  I bundled the boys up as if it was January before we walked to the bus stop. My youngest was not very excited about putting his snow-pants on in springtime.
  When I was telling my husband that I had fed the pigs he asked me if I had checked the water in the hose to see if it was frozen. Feeling dumb ( I know better! ) I went back out with a bucket of water. Rule # 1 with pigs, they must always have water.
   I also gave the pigs some extra hay and bedding, now we are all snug and warm, hope you are as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment